As the principal representative leadership organization on campus, the Associated Students of Eastern New Mexico University has the following duties and obligations:
- To represent the official voice of the student body of Eastern New Mexico University
- To provide an easy, attainable liaison between the student body and administration/staff concerning the welfare of the ENMU community
- To stimulate and develop good citizenship and democracy among students
- To serve and provide any assistance necessary to the member student organizations
- To develop an exemplary relationship between ENMU and the surrounding community
- To encourage leadership through service
Three Branches of Government
Executive: Led by the ASENMU president, and consisting of the Board of Directors, the executive branch oversees ASENMU.
Legislative: Elected students from all colleges serve as ASENMU senators. The ASENMU vice president oversees the senate.
Judicial: Headed by the chief justice and composed of the associate justices, the judicial branch is responsible for all court hearings, files, records and documents as well as ASENMU law.
- Katherynne Padilla, President
- Carla Anaya, Vice President
For more information about ASENMU or its events come see us in the Campus Union Building, Room 11.