What do I have to do as an Supplemental Instruction Leader?
- Attend the targeted class
- Run SI Sessions to facilitate learning
- Attend training
- Maintain contact with your supervisors
- Set and maintain a schedule for your SI session
- Help students excel
How do I apply to become a Supplemental Instruction Leader?
- Choose which class you would like to SI for and make sure your schedule will allow you to attend the class .
- The class you choose has to be one that you have successfully completed and done well in at ENMU.
- Get the approval of the professor
- Complete the application
- Make sure the professor signs the application
- Turn your application in to SI Coordinator in the Alley
How many hours will I work?
The hours you work will depend on the class you SI for. You may work up to 20 hours a week, this includes attending the course, office hours, sessions times, preparation for the sessions, and development.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us in the Student Success Center in the Alley. Come by and see us or give us a call at 562-2286.
Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
ENMU Station 38
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
(Visit us in the Student Success Center-the Alley in the CUB)