The Commuter Program helps students who need part-time housing to support their studies. Available for a minimum of two nights per week up to four nights per week, this program provides temporary housing for a reasonable price.
As a commuter student, you are eligible and welcome to reside on campus. As a resident, you will have the opportunity to take full advantage of all residence hall services and activities available.
Make yourself a home away from home:
- All rooms are private and safe to leave your belongings.
- Rooms are furnished with utilities paid, including cable and local telephone service.
- Lounges are spacious and comfortable with televisions.
- Full kitchens and dining areas are located in each hall.
- Halls are close to academic buildings, the library and dining facilities.
- Residents have access to 24-hour in-hall computer labs.
- Laundry facilities are located in the basement.
- Students have quick access to University events and activities such as plays, speakers, sporting events and recreation.
- Highly trained staff to assist you and enforce policies.
To apply, a Residence Hall Application and $150 room reservation fee must be filed with the Housing and Residence Life Office. All rooms will be assigned no later than two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. After that, assignments will be made if space is available. In the event space becomes limited, priority will be given to full-time residents. For further information and current costs, you can submit our online request form, detailing your request, or you can call the Housing and Residence Life Office at 575.562.2632.