Status: Full-time position
Location: Denver, CO
Job Summary: Develops and executes the Mental Health Center of Denver website and social media strategy under the direction of the department management, including but not limited to the development and maintenance of the website, accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms. Monitors the organization’s social media sites to ensure adherence to user guidelines, as well as other sites and platforms where the Mental Health Center of Denver is mentioned. Maintains a high-quality editorial calendar for all social media channels and ensures continuous integration with the organization’s web site. Serves as an in-house source of technical advice and support for the Drupal content management system and provides support for other departments within the organization seeking to change content on webpage.
Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, graphic design, computer science or related fields. Relevant college coursework in psychology, social work, business administration, public speaking, and public relations are all helpful.
Three+ years of business or digital marketing experience with website management experience required. Experience with Drupal content management systems and databases and HTML. Working knowledge of social media platforms and experience building audience engagement. Understanding of audience segmentation, usage rules, and major style guidelines. Experience as a producer or editor of a health-related website with web design, web development, writing, editing, and project management experience is ideal. Experience working in a fast-paced environment and experience in utilizing volunteers. Non-profit and /or experience in healthcare communication preferred.
Advanced knowledge of and experience in website management and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. Ability to develop an editorial calendar. Ability to generate content for social media sites. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Must have excellent editing/proofreading skills. Strong organizational and project management skills. Demonstrated expertise in copywriting for web and social media. Proficient in Drupal, HTML and Adobe Suite (including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Internet and general database concepts. Experience with Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Accessibility, and Usability. Commitment to high ethical standard and maintaining high level of confidentiality. Excellent ability to multi-task. Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural and diverse populations. Attention to detail and rigorous follow-through. Strong ability to finalize deliverables on time.
Duties: 1. Monitors, updates and continuously improves the website to ensure accuracy and an audience-focused website
2. Develops, edits and creates SEO rich content for organizational website to support branding and business objectives
3. Writes and distributes content for social media channels
4. Introduces and implements best practices approach for soliciting, revising and updating website and social media based on structured system of priorities 5. Establishes strong relationships with key departments and content specialists
6. Provides technical advice and support to other teams and divisions regarding implementation of website content changes and social media strategies
7. Ensures compliance with organizational guidelines on all social media and digital platforms
8. Maintains editorial calendar and coordinates with other communications tactics
9. Monitors social media channels for mentions of Mental Health Center of Denver
10. Develops and updates social media policies, user guidelines and other internal documentation as appropriate
11. Prepares regular reports on key indicators to demonstrate effectiveness of social media and web strategies
12. Performs other related duties as assigned
For more information or to apply online, visit