Status: Full-time position
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Summary: The MTS will support the computing and telephony needs of employees of which include retail, business office and network operations. Responsible for quick resolution to trouble-tickets to address hardware/software/network connectivity problems as well as Customer Service Requests (CSRs) related to new equipment installations and software requests. Project work is also expected due to the growing demand of technology in our business. Travel to local area locations will be required as well as being on call periodically during non-traditional hours.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline strongly desired. Associates degree required.
1-3+ years of IT or related experience
1-3+ years on the job experience with Microsoft operating system troubleshooting.
1-3+ years on the job experience with networking in the TCP/IP LAN/WAN environment.
At least one technical certification required - Comptia A+ certification, Comptia Net+ certification, CCENT, MCITP or similar
- Knowledge with installing, repairing, and upgrading PC hardware equipment
- Knowledge with navigating and troubleshooting Microsoft operating systems
- General telephony knowledge surrounding VoIP, 66 blocks, test sets, and cabling
- Networking knowledge surrounding TCP/IP, subnetting, and cabling
- Knowledge in identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems (Desktop, LAN/WAN connectivity)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Participation in 24/7 on call support rotation
- Ability to work weekends and varied schedule required
- Ability to travel locally and within region required
Soft skills needed
-Strong customer service skills
-Strong organizational, problem solving abilities
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to independently organize work and daily schedules
- Capability to work on multiple customer needs with flexibility and professionalism
- Ability to recognize when an issue needs escalation to other members of the team
- Must have a valid driver’s license
For more information on this position and how to apply please visit http://www.newmexicodiversity.com/j/t-Desktop-Support-2nd-and-3rd-Level-Help-Desk--e-Verizon-Wireless-l-Albuquerque,-NM-jobs-j5107876.html