Status: Full-time position
Location: Clovis, NM
Deadline Date: 10/25/13
Job Summary: Curry County Administration Office is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Services Coordinator.
In accordance with the County Personnel Policies (10-03), the Curry County Personnel Department will accept applications until Friday, October 25, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. in the Curry County Administration Office, Curry County Courthouse, Clovis, NM.
Curry County desires to obtain the best possible employees and affords equal opportunity for employment to all. Curry County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability.
Qualifications: 1. Associates Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance or a
related field required; however, work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in private and public settings with large and small
groups of people.
3. Strong writing and oral communication skills.
4. Previous grant writing experience strongly preferred.
5. Valid Drivers License. No DWI Convictions within the past three (3) years.
6. Strong organizational skills, including ability to set up and maintain program monitoring
7. Ability to understand and communicate in English. Spanish or other language is
8. Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
9. One or two years of supervisory experience is required.
10. Ability to work independent of daily supervision and to exercise discretionary judgment
11. Ability to perform the essential duties listed below.
12. Ability to work in the work conditions described below.
13. Ability to utilize equipment, tools, and materials listed below.
Duties: 1. Under the direction of the County Manager, develops, writes, and monitors
grant proposals and compliance reports.
2. Work with Elected Officials and Department Heads to identify grant projects,
descriptions, estimates, costs, and other issues.
3. As directed, coordinates, attends, and participates in Board of County
Commission meetings and other governmental meetings related to grant needs
4. As directed, coordinates and supervises the auditing, monitoring, and
scheduling of grant reports of various departments. Maintain accounts of all
grant funds. Serves as representative at financial funding meeting and
hearings when the Finance Director or County Manager are unable to attend.
5. Research and investigate new or existing projects and programs as assigned
by County Management.
6. Performs and Monitors grants as described in the grant proposal.
7. Serve on various advisory councils within the County when assigned by
8. Prepare the grant funds annual budgets and make sure that the expenditures
stay within budget.
9. Assist in legislative issues for the County as directed by County Management.
10. Participate and assist with Strategic Management and the long term vision for
11. Supervise the grant funded positions, evaluate and monitor their performance.
This includes DWI, Youth Services, Retired Senior Volunteer and Foster
12. Prepare agendas for various advisory council meetings and take minutes when
assigned by County Management.
13. Maintains required records and files.
14. Keep the County Manager informed of all aspects of grants; payment requests,
budget issues, supervisory issues, etc.
15. May be required to prepare quarterly reports for the County Commission and
County Manager showing applications, awards, etc. pertaining to grants.
16. Prepares letters, memos, and studies as required for the proper administration
of grants and reports to track grant funds.
17. Responsible for administering the DWI Grant, Community Development
Block Grants, Beautification and other County grants and programs as
directed by County Management.
18. Follow the State of New Mexico Purchasing and Procurement laws, County
Purchasing Policy and Grant Agreements in making purchases, transferring
and deposing of assets.
19. Assist in teaching Safety and Risk Awareness classes to County employees.
20. Coordinate Special Projects for the County, Great America Clean-up, Trek for
Trash, Parades and other community activities as direct by Management.
21. Serves and coordinates as the Volunteer Fire Department point of contact on
EMS Application and other funding requirements.
22. Find creative and innovative ways to use grant funds in lieu of general fund
dollars to improve County services.
23. Review and submit the County insurance claims to Insurance carrier and
maintain records. Also, make sure that all County property (buildings,
vehicles, etc.) are submitted to carrier and the County has coverage
24. Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision. Employee may
be required to work irregular hours, and attend job related meetings. May be
asked to perform other duties as needed or directed by Management.
Copies of the Position Specifications and Qualifications will be available at the Curry County Administration Annex Office or on our website at www.currycounty.org.