Status: Full-time position
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Summary: There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Full Time Histology Group Lead in Albuquerque, NM.
Monday - Friday, 5am - 1:30pm, OT as needed, On call weekend rotations
AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist or HTL (ASCP)Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
Duties: Currently we are seeking a Histology Group Lead. As a Histology Group Lead, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the supervisor or manager in the day-to-day operation of the histology lab on the assigned shift. Helps to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of services provided by the department.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnologist II.
3. Perform bench work as needed to ensure timely completion of work.
4. Confer with and /or make recommendations to the supervisor concerning the operation of the department including policies, procedures, and equipment applications.
5. Provide technical instructions, training and guidance to technicians/technologists, students and lab aides in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
6. Assist supervisor in maintaining and troubleshooting equipment/instrumentation.
7. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
8. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
9. Ensure proper tissue processing.
10. Obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
11. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities; has the ability to recognize outliers and correct them.
12. Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing, embedding, cutting and staining of tissue specimens.
13. May be required to develop, execute, or validate new procedures.
14. Be capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results and resolve or immediately report to histology supervisor, technical supervisor, or director.
15. Assist supervisor with facilitation of departmental training, competency assessments and continuing education.
16. Provide input to the supervisor for employee performance reviews.
17. Maintain the daily operation of the shift in the absence of the histology supervisor.
18. Assist supervisor with special projects, as assigned.
19. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
20. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
21. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
22. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor. Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP
For more information or to apply online, follow the link below and log in or register to upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed.