This Checklist is designed to take students through all the necessary steps prior to commencement.
- Make sure you are eligible to graduate. All students must check with the respective program advisor to make sure they have completed all credit hours and courses to be eligible to apply for graduation. Make sure that there are no academic or financial holds on your record before applying for graduation. Students are encouraged to have an updated degree plan and correct major on record to avoid any kind of misrepresentation.
- Students completing their degrees must apply for graduation during the semester in which they intend to graduate. Students need to be aware that they meet application deadlines which are posted at the ENMU website http://www.enmu.edu/services/registrar/graduation. For further inquiry please feel free to contact Ms. Jacque Baker and Ms. Crystal Creekmore in the Office of the Registrar, 575.562.2175, or go to the Administration Building, Room 105.
- A new application for graduation must be submitted if you do not graduate in the semester for which you applied. The graduation fee of $30.00 must be paid each time you apply for graduation.
- If you are an undergraduate student then submit the Undergraduate Approval for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar in the Administration Building, Room 105, accompanied by your receipt from the cashier's office. In the case of graduate students, return your Graduate Application for Graduation form to your graduate coordinator.
- Graduation is the achievement of accomplishing a degree, every student wants to share this moment with his/her family and loved ones. International students need to start early to make all necessary plans as they require making travel plans for their family. Meet the international advisor with a completed B1 request form which can be downloaded from the ENMU website, the international advisor will be supporting students in the preparation of the invitation letter and any other supporting documents so that loved ones can be reached in time to attend this remarkable celebration.
- Get information about graduation at Eastern New Mexico University through the website http://www.enmu.edu/services/registrar/graduation or by contacting Christy Czerwien, International Advisor, Office of International Student Advising located at the SAS building, call: 575.562.4697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1-2-1 Students are required to sign up at the international advising office to get a Green robe and hat to wear at the Graduation Ceremony.
- Other international students graduating with a bachelors or masters degree need to go by the Bookstore to order and pay for their robe and hat.