Online Library Resources
If you have any questions or problems, do not hesitate to ask for help! Contact Michele.Wood@enmu.edu (email is best), or by phone at 575.562.2644.
To search for journal articles, go to the library home page, scroll down and click the Periodical Databases link, and select one of the databases listed below at the Databases by Name alphabetical list in the upper right. Click the letter that begins the database name and then the database name link; from off campus enter your ENMU student ID# at the remote authentication screen.
To search only within a specific online journal, go to the library home page and click the Journal Titles A-Z tab atop the main search box. Enter journal title in the box and click the Search button.
In cases where a desired article is not available full-text online, you may request it via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and we will send it to you (see Requesting Material, below).
Databases for Aviation Science Research
- Academic Search Premier--scholarly, full text, good for many topics
- Search example: [aviation safety] --enter in the first search box, scroll down and check the Scholarly Peer-reviewed Journals box, on the left, and limit by date, e.g., 2007 to 2014 at the Published Date boxes on the right
- You can also type a journal title in the second box if you want to limit your search to articles from a specific journal(s); change the Select A Field box to SO Journal Name when you enter a journal title
- Click PDF or HTML links for full-text articles; LinkSource links provide full text only about 50% of the time
- Print, email or download the articles
- Request any non-full-text articles via ILL
- Science Direct--scholarly, scientific
- Search example: [aviation safety] --enter in the first search box and click the search icon or press Enter key
- Scroll down on the left and select the Journals box (all are peer-reviewed) and click as many year boxes as desired; when done, click the Apply Limits button
- Full text is indicated by green or orange squares to the right of the citation lines--click the PDF links; if the box is grey, you will need to request the article via ILL
- Business Source Complete--scholarly, full text, business and marketing
- Search example: [aviation risk management] --enter in the first box and proceed the same as with the Academic Search Premier database discussed above (they are both by the same vendor and are used exactly the same way)
- Westlaw --full text, legal
- Click the Law tab in the upper left of the screen
- Search example: ["airport security"]--enter in the first search box (always surround your search expression with quotation marks in the Westlaw database)
- At the Date box, select "last 3 years" or another option
- Scroll down and select Federal or State cases, or a Regulations box and click the search button
- Click the highlighted case title and then the Case Outline link on the left
- Click the Opinion link on the right for the full opinion
- If you are looking for a specific case, you can enter the party names, e.g., Tobey v. Jones, in the boxes under Find a Document by Title, in the left-hand sidebar
- Click the Journal Titles A-Z tab atop the search box on the library home page
- Type journal title in the box, e.g., Aviation Safety; then click the Journals Only button to limit your search to journal titles only
- Click a date-appropriate database link, if available, and select year/volume/issue links or enter your search term in a Search Within Publication box, where available
- If you do not see your journal listed, we do not have it; if you locate a complete citation for a journal article in a journal we don't subscribe to, you may place an ILL request for the article
To search by or within a specific journal title:
Register with the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan (ILL) system and create your personal ILLiad account. Go to the Interlibrary Loan link on the library home page and click the ILLiad Log In/Register link on the left-hand sidebar. Click the "First Time Users" button and register with the system. Make sure you enter your ENMU email address and tell us you are a "Distance Ed Undergraduate" at the Status box. Create an ILLiad username of your own choosing and enter your ENMU ID number as your ILLiad password. Return to the same ILLiad Log In/Register link and logon to your ILLiad account whenever you need to use the system.
Items requested from distance education students will be sent directly to them. Articles will be available electronically via your ENMU email account or your ILLiad account. Most articles will arrive in 2-3 days.